By Dick Druckman
While some moms might want to be showered with roses and manicures, there are others who would rather be wowed by a fantastic show of athletic ability. She’d rather cheer on her favorite team, since she bleeds blue, or gold, or whatever color her favorite sport team wears. It’s time to show mom what a big fan you are of her. Give your mom the gift of a photo of her favorite athlete. Whether your mom loves a good dribble, routes for the home team or knows how to do a great touchdown dance, I’ve been capturing sports moments over the past few decades.
Here some great shots for the sports-loving mom in your life:
- New York Favorites From the first pitch thrown at the last home opener at Shea Stadium to Derek Jeter’s 3,000th-career hit as a member of the Bronx Bombers, I’ve captured some amazing moments in New York. Rising star Aaron Judge is the player to watch at the moment. Many think that the 25-year-old outfielder is making a strong case for the AL Rookie of the Year award.
- Mr. Superbowl (AKA Tom Brady) Brady is one of the only two players to win FIVE Super Bowls, and the only quarterback to win five—and the only player to win them all playing for the same team. These accolades are a great match for mom whose own accolades stand on her own. Search all of my Brady images, from Championship XLVI to playoff games and more.
- Going for Gold Maybe mom deserves the Gold medal—and she looks forward to the Olympics every four years. Help her relive her favorite Olympic memories with photos from past events. Whether Ryan Lochte waving to the crowd after winning the Gold or Jamaican legend Usain Bolt flashing his signature pose, there is nothing like the excitement of athletes of Olympic-caliber showing what they have.
- The Buzzer Beater Makes Her Go Wild She went nuts when LeBron James played his last game with his Fighting Irish team, over Tallmadge High School in Ohio’s Division II regional semifinals. LaBron and his team played before 8,700 spectators at Savage Hall at the University of Toledo and won by a score of 82-32. Or maybe Michael Jordan is her favorite player ever. Jordan, who was playing with the Washington Wizards, said goodbye to his fans after his final home game against the New York Knicks at the MCI Center. Michael scored twenty-one points that game in a losing effort (79-93). We have many basketball shots for the basketball-loving mom.
- When Mom is an IconI host a collection of the most “Iconic Images” captured by me since 1984 when I started following my passion for shooting professional athletes in action, at some of the most special events in sporting history. Whether looking at President Obama throwing out the first pitch at the 2009 MLB All-Star Game, Derek Jeter waving to the crowd after breaking Lou Gehrig’s franchise hit record or Lance Armstrong winning his 7th consecutive Tour De France,
No matter her sport of choice, this is a great start for the sports-loving mom in your or your kids’ lives. Happy Mother’s Day to all of the great mothers out there.
About Richard Druckman: Over the past 35 years, Dick has captured thousands of award winning images at the past 12 Super Bowls, World Series, Stanley Cup Finals, NBA Championships, and Olympic Games. Many of these once-in-a lifetime photographs have appeared in Sports Illustrated, USA Today, Parade Magazine, and The Associated Press, which placed them in newspapers and publications around the world. To purchase his prints visit him online at www.goldmedalimpressions.com, by phone at 609-606-9001 or in person at his shop at 43 Princeton-Hightstown Rd. Princeton Junction NJ 08550.